Colossians 3:17

live intentionally.

Wednesday, July 06, 2005

Starbucks.....AGAIN?!

So, with my arrival back home came the need to earn money. I'm broke. As in, I have about $11 dollars to my name...which would go far in Pakistan or Sri Lanka but not in America! This is the poorest I've ever been in my whole life!

I thought the whole process was going to be this horribly painful process of filling out application after application and never hearing back. Well, I dropped off two applications. One at a gas station, and the other at a Starbucks. The manager at the Starbucks was too busy to interview me then so he said he would have to give me a call later. When I got home I got a call from him and he said my referrences were so good he would have the assistant manager call tomorrow with my schedule. She called about two hours later. So....I guess I'm employed. This will be my third Starbucks I've worked in. The partners seemed really nice and the store is new so everything will be nice and new!

We'll see about the gas station too. I would like to work 4 - 10 hour shifts at Starbucks and hopefully two days at the gas station as well.

**Special thanks to Doug my manager from Michigan for the good recommendation!

2 Comments:

  • At 1:57 PM, Blogger MOLLY said…

    they'd be crazy NOT to hire you, li'l lady! :) Congratulations on finding a job so quickly. You'll enjoy making the mint mocha chip frappuccino with all the ten millions steps it takes to make the dang thing!

    love you eskimo!

     
  • At 6:13 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    argh! no fair! maybe i should apply...but having not worked at the Other starbucks that you did in michigan, i think my reference will not be as glowing (*especially since it would be coming from the midway*)...gosh. i'm jealous. the one in breezeway? anyone from old times working there?

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
eXTReMe Tracker