Colossians 3:17

live intentionally.

Saturday, May 13, 2006

Track and Field

According to Molly it's about time I blogged again. I don't know how far back you've read Molly, but it's really hard to blog from this side of the world! The site is banned which means it's a very long and frustrating process to get onto the site and actually blog, not to mention the unrealiable internet! BUT, for you Molly - ANYTHING! haha.

I have been waiting on pictures from my Holiday up north before I posted anything new, but now that I have them I also need to write about our awesome track and field team!

So, first things first.

TRACK AND FIELD!

We kicked butt...to put it lightly. Seriously! After training for over a month we went down to I'bad for two days of competition against three other International schools. Let me stress that last fact. International schools. These kids are 'rich kids.' The schools they go to are 'top-notch.' Lots of money going on there...nice fancy equipment, well paid coaches. Against our piddly little school. Equipment from about a century ago...and some equipment that is even non-existant (Long jump pit). Just goes to show that you can have everything going for you but if you don't have the commitment and perseverance you won't get anywhere.

The Stats.

Boys and Girls 11 & 12 years old - 3rd place (I think)

Boys and Girls 13 & 14 years old - 1st place (these were my kids....they did awesome!)

Boys and Girls 15 - 18 Years old - 1st place

Overall school - 1st place.

We double the points of the second place team!

Yeah....my kids are awesome...they even broke a few school records.

I'm proud.

1 Comments:

  • At 8:38 AM, Blogger MOLLY said…

    WOW. This was a serious update, young lady! But thank you just the same. :) I love seeing the pictures and hearing your stories especially- it's so beautiful there.
    Okay, my next request- COME BACK TO THE STATES!! I MISS YOU!! remember you said you'd do anything... hahaha I know I'll see you soon enough- I just can't wait. :) LOVE YOU!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
eXTReMe Tracker