Colossians 3:17

live intentionally.

Monday, January 10, 2005

first impressions.

I have started working [temporarily] at a starbucks in michigan. The store I will be working at doesn't open for a few weeks, so in the meantime I have been going to other stores for training. Today I went to a store that just opened almost two weeks ago, so the partners in that store don't really have ownership of the place yet. Yesterday myself and 6 other people from our store were there for training and this one girl [I'll call her Kathy] that is a Shift Supervisor was sorta rude towards us. I was pleasantly surprised to find out she worked again this evening...ok, I wasnt surprised...I was less than excited. When she came in I tried to be friendly but just didnt seem to get anywhere. Finally I just gave up and went about my business trying to avoid her when possible. I started carrying on conversations with the two other ladies working and then she sorta joined. Thats when I found out this girl was a christian!!! Why is that?? Do I leave such terrible first impressions with people?? I hope not, it sure made me stop and evaluate the way I treat people at first. Kathy and I ended up chatting a lot about education, careers, Christianity, God, and overseas humanitarian work. I left excited about the fact that we work together again on thursday. As Kathy said "its nice to meet people who have a passion for God, and overseas work". Amen.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
eXTReMe Tracker