Colossians 3:17

live intentionally.

Saturday, July 09, 2005

just my luck

I was fortunate enough to travel business/first class for the first time in my life. Let me just say...I could get used to that kind of living. I had to pay a little extra for those seats because there was no room in economy. So, from Pakistan to Sri Lanka I got to ride in style. They were smaller planes, so it wasn't what First Class would be on a larger airline, but still it was nice.

As I sat down in my seat from Sri Lanka to Dubai I thought "it sure would be nice to be bumped to First Class for this flight, or my next flight on to London" and it was on this flight that I really discovered how much of a sense of humor God has!

We were flying along just fine, the flight was smooth, there was no turbulence. The lady in the seat next to me was dozing peacefully while I tried to get comfortable in my limited space without spilling out into the isle. Suddenly the lady next to me wakes up and motions to me (after some thinking and trying to figure out what she is trying to tell me) that she is airsick. I think, no problem, the lavatories (which is such a funny name for a bathroom) are just two rows up. So, I start to get up, but she nods her head 'no.' Ok...now what do I do? I rummage around in my seat pocket in front of me....no vomit bag. Hmm, what about this bag my earphones came in....?

TOO LATE!!!

This lady (probably never had to care for herself in her life!) just vomitted all over the place!! AND ON ME!!

SICK!!

I was so disgusted. Thank goodness I could look forward to my nice hotel room in London where I could get a nice hot shower!

I make my way to the lavatories where I do my best to clean of the foul smelling substance. When I return the flight attendants are doing their best to clean the area. They offer me a wet rag to clean myself some more, then....finally. I am asked to follow one of them.

FIRST CLASS BABY!!! wooo hooo!!

I couldn't even touch the seat in front of me with my feet....trust me, I tried! I had to get up out of my seat to adjust my TV screen on the back of the seat in front of me! It was great....I could almost lay fully reclined!

I enjoyed a full hour and 20 minutes of luxury, before I had to deplane and got demoted back to economy class on my next flight....a full 7 hours of torture!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
eXTReMe Tracker