Colossians 3:17

live intentionally.

Wednesday, September 26, 2007

the progression in a nutshell.









Ok, so it's been AGES since I last wrote. Facebook is just so much easier...




But, I will Post...if for nobody else, for Molly:)




I have put it off for so long cause I took pictures of each of the places we've "lived" since moving out to California and I wanted everyone to see the progress. But, I can't seem to find the first picture....so the story is a little less exciting.




Our first place we were in for a month. A TINY little room with a bed and all our stuff crammed in. We made walking space by propping the air mattress up during the day.




Our second place we were in for a week, it was a nice room with a double bed....but again, very little room for 'us'.




And finally, we are in our appartment (and have been for a month now). It's great! We still have very little furniture, but our apartment mate Mandy has been generous in bringing in her couch and TV, and gone out and bought several shelves and a coffee table...so in time it will actually look like a home. For now, Amanda is on an air mattress and I am on a most uncomfortable mattress on the floor. We went last week to Good Will and I got an Ikea chair for cheap! And I think we might go this weekend to get bar stools for a breakfast bar.




Anyways...the complex we are in has two pools, and two hot tubs, an gym...which has a climbing treadmill (super cool!) and we are right beside a walking/running/biking trail that runs straight through the city.




The coolest of all things is that we are within walking distance of both our jobs!! What a blessing! I actually drive to work because there is not a direct route to the office, but if you were to draw a straight line it would probably be a mile. Plus, we can walk to the mall, movie theater, grocery store, post office, and best of all....Cold Stone Creamery! :)




Amanda is working at Princess Cruises, and I am working at The St. John Companies. It's a good job, the pay is decent, the hours are perfect, and its a super casual work environment so I can keep my nose ring (which Travis was happy about).




This weekend we are going to Cornerstone Festival Orange County (the first ever in California!). Then we will come back up here with Travis' siblings and probably have a semi relaxing day hanging out before another week of work.
The flowers are from last week....Travis surprised me at work on my lunch break with those and a drink from Starbucks....made all the women jealous! hehe.



That's all for now...but I will try to be better about posting. I still need to add at least a few pictures of the trip across...maybe later.

2 Comments:

  • At 8:13 AM, Blogger MOLLY said…

    YAYYYY! finally some pictures! It's hard to always picture these things, ya know!
    is the picture with the red walls from the house where the lady had stuff everywhere?

     
  • At 8:20 PM, Blogger stella g. said…

    i check in to, so it's great to see a new post. that's a lot of rooms! the place you're in now sounds awesome. i'm glad you and Amanda are together. sounds like a blast!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
eXTReMe Tracker