Colossians 3:17

live intentionally.

Wednesday, October 05, 2005

gossip? or not?

So, yesterday at my lunch table we got onto a debate about gossip. Whats the line between gossip and telling a trusting person of your struggle with your feelings towards someone. Being a table full of girls all living in close quarters with each other this discussion brought about a lot of....emotions. The talk ended when one girl burst into tears because she felt like she couldn't even share her feelings because she was afraid of being told she was gossiping.

After about 15 minutes of one on one time with her, and a little bit of prayer the tears stopped and she went on with her day. But, as a result my heart is burdened for her and also for the whole topic.

So, Whats the difference. I'd appreciate your comments on this one.

************

We (the girls staff basketball team) lost our game against the high school girls last night. I will say this though, I wasn't as humiliated as I thought I would be. We have challenged the girls to another game in three weeks. Hopefully we will kick their little butts then.

************

Tomorrow night I'm having a Dance Dance Revolution Party, followed by a leopard hunt. Should be good fun.

3 Comments:

  • At 5:34 AM, Blogger Grandpa's Chipmunk said…

    We don't know eachother, but occasionally I check out your blog. I'm a friend of Travis. I used to struggle with what is considered gossip too. It seemed like my church friends gossiped most. I finally came to the conclusion that it all comes down to motives. There's nothing wrong with sharing a concern or a funny story, as long as it's not harmful or purely to entertain at the expense of someone else. At least that's what I decided. Now if only I could say that I never gossip. Definitions aren't nearly as hard as living what you believe...

     
  • At 12:01 PM, Blogger Rockin' it up said…

    i would probably say the difference will be in who you tell. Is the person truthworthy or just sympathetic to your feelings? And can they be objective, understanding both sides of the story, even if you were the wrong one? Could they tell you that gently? That's what I would say.

     
  • At 3:35 PM, Blogger Kristi said…

    hey katy
    this is the first time i've been on your blog and i really appreciate your thoughts and comments. on the particular topic of gossip, i too find it hard to know where the line is between confiding and venting to gossip. i will wait eagerly for what other people may have to say.

    by the way, i love the picture of you with pip, jodi and molly. wish i could have been there.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
eXTReMe Tracker