Colossians 3:17

live intentionally.

Wednesday, July 27, 2005

Random

So, I was at work yesterday. Nothing to exciting about that. It was surprisingly slow, so I was able to have a few short conversations with some customers. As I was preparing a tray of samples of our new Green Tea Frappuccino Blended Creme; a customer (whom I've never seen in my life!) came up to me, this is how that conversation went:

Customer: Are you from a family of like 9 kids?

Me: Yes.....(in a sort of wondering voice)

Customer: I think I know your brother.

Me: Really? Who?

Customer: Seth, he's one of my most favorite people in the whole world!

Me: Isn't that interesting.

Customer: You look a lot like him, sound like him, and even talk the same way...so I just had to ask.

Me: You know this isn't the first time a complete stranger figured out one of us was related to someone else in the family. We all look a lot alike.

Customer: I even have his picture on my phone! Or look, even one on my digital camera! I even have a picture of his shoes!!

Me: Yep, that's my brother.


The End.

I guess there's no denying where I come from. How people can pick us out in this world is beyond me! I'm never sure whether to take it as a compliment when they say I look exactly like my brother. I mean, what girl wants to look like a boy?!

****************

I am off to visit my home away from home tomorrow. I'll get some quality bonding time with my Michael Buble' and Mr. Coldplay. Then, even more quality time with some of the greatest, most amazing people God ever created. YIPPEEE!!!! No work for almost a whole week...and tons of fun in Canada!!

8 Comments:

  • At 7:08 PM, Blogger MOLLY said…

    You don't look like a boy, it's called family resemblance. You are a beautiful girl- no doubt! :)

    I get to see you in basically, a day & a half!!! eGaDs, that's amazing!

     
  • At 10:32 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    who was the random person?

     
  • At 3:32 AM, Blogger She Rah Bowling Queen said…

    some girl from his classes at ACM.

     
  • At 6:45 AM, Blogger Christopher Spicer said…

    I look forward to your journey into the Great Not Very White But Finally Not Too Humid Either North. Yeah, maybe that tag to Canada won't ever stick but it fits to the current West G climate.

     
  • At 3:45 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    this is the same friend who thought Amanda and I looked like twins

     
  • At 4:13 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    no wonder she goes to acm..she's obviously not very bright. you are a boy, and i am a girl..katy and i do not look like you!

     
  • At 6:18 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I know the real reason why you all look alike....it's the smile!...courtesy of the same orthodontist! (also, the strong genes that run on Dad's side of the family.)

     
  • At 8:05 PM, Blogger She Rah Bowling Queen said…

    well, at least i know my family reads my blog....

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
eXTReMe Tracker