Colossians 3:17

live intentionally.

Tuesday, March 22, 2005

the embassy

So, saturday was the day I expected to get my visa and passport back from the Embassy. It's now Tuesday and I still haven't gotten it. So, yesterday morning I call the Embassy to see what the hold up was. Here's how it goes:

ext. 2010: How can I help you?
Me: I'm calling to see if my passport and visa have been mailed to me yet.
ext. 2010: What is your nationality?
Me: American
ext. 2010: What kind of visa did you apply for?
Me: Missionary.
ext. 2010: You need to talk to Javeed at extension 2013.
Me: Ok, Thank you, Bye.

click.

ext. 2013: [pakistani music playing....then ringing] Hello, How can I help you?
Me: Yes, My name is Katy Heinle, I have been granted a Missionary visa, I'm just calling to see if it has been mailed back.
[more music]
[ringing]
"How can I help you?"
Me: Yes, My name is Katy Heinle, I am calling to check if my visa and passport have been mailed back to me.
"You just called didn't you, I said, You need to talk to Javeed at extension 2013!"
Me: That is the extension I dialed.
ext. 2010: Well, I don't deal with that, you need to talk to extension 2013.
Me: Thanks, Bye.

click.

[more music]
[ringing]
ext. 2013: Hello, How can I help you?
Me: Hi, My name is Katy Heinle, I'm calling to see if you guys have sent my passport back to me yet.
ext. 2013: You have to speak to extension 2010.
Me: I just talked to them and they sent me to you.
ext. 2013: Well, I don't keep the records. Its not my job. You need to talk to extension 2010.
Me: Thanks.

Yeah, so an hour later and I didn't get anywhere....except more frustrated. So, tomorrow my Dad and I are going to pay the Embassy of Pakistan in Washington DC a visit. See if we can get anywhere. Please pray.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
eXTReMe Tracker