Colossians 3:17

live intentionally.

Monday, June 20, 2005

Dreams

What makes a dream?
Or, more importantly - what makes a dream a reality?
How do we decide which dream to follow and which one to leave as a dream?

Dreams are so much a part of my life. They are what drive me to do different things, go different places. My dreams are what make me who I am. They are what sets me apart from my generation.

Sometimes I can't help but think of them as a curse. If it weren't for them I would have a normal life. When I measure my life against normalcy I feel like a failure. I see the normal things in life that I want to accomplish but haven't [my degree]. I see where my life is now, and the jobs I have had and I get discouraged.

So much of the time I feel like my struggle is between ministry and money. The jobs I want - don't pay; thus leaving me at square one. The jobs I don't want - do pay; thus helping me to make my dreams realities.

And now, I have just realized how totally vague this post is. But, I will post it anyways. Its the ramblings within my head without the details behind it all. Enjoy.

1 Comments:

  • At 11:18 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    yeah katy, i know what you mean. but on the other hand, i meet people who are my age and still in school and i think, "you're still doing that?" and it just seems like they have so much more to learn in the "life lessons" area that i almost feel sorry for them. but then i am a little envious at the same time because they are still in all that and they are going to (hopefully) get a good job doing what they love. but yeah...on the other hand, i think we have it so much better!:)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
eXTReMe Tracker