Colossians 3:17

live intentionally.

Friday, April 08, 2005

Those Friendly Reminders.

My windshield tells me summer is coming (for all the bugs splattered on it) and reminds me to enjoy the moment for once it is gone it is gone forever.

The semi-buldging vein in my right calf is a constant reminder not to cross my legs so much when I am sitting, and to enjoy 'youth' while I still can.

Those old pair of jeans I wore when I was 16 regrettfully say to me "you will never be this small again," and remind me not to be so vain.

The suit cases in my room that are now only half full remind me that no matter how much I think I am in control of my life, God has 'veto power.'

The number of emails in my inbox speaks of the blessing of friendships that God has given to me and reminds me to treasure them dearly.

The stain on my left sleeve of my t-shirt from my little sister tells me not to treasure 'things' but the people in my life.

Thank you all for being there for me, I love you all!

5 Comments:

  • At 3:08 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    FYI The vein in your leg probably has faulty one-way valves. The blood is trying to fight against gravity to get back to your heart. Flexing your calf muscle should help your vein out. Also sitting upside down with your leg above your heart will help, too. Anyways...

     
  • At 4:06 PM, Blogger She Rah Bowling Queen said…

    Yes, Yes....I know. I've had it for about 5 years now. It fades a little when I am consistant with exercise, but I think its here for life. Thanks though...I will be sure to lay in bed with my leg in the air.

     
  • At 9:10 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Ok...good.

     
  • At 6:06 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    good post katy..good writing.

     
  • At 3:18 PM, Blogger Christopher Spicer said…

    That was a nice dog, Katy. Very friendly. Very fuzzy. Lots of fun to play with. Quite the excellent dog. Oh wait. . . that was a blog. Oh well, it was still a really good blog. You don't have to worry about it leaving messes or having to feed during the day. Quite the easy little animal to maintain.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
eXTReMe Tracker