Colossians 3:17

live intentionally.

Sunday, May 01, 2005

I'm so PROUD!

This past friday and saturday our school competed against 3 other International schools in Track and Field....and we ROCKED!! They struggled in the afternoons as the heat down here in Islamabad is quite intense compared to being up in the mountains. But, they pushed through and suffered and won. We won 1st place in all the age divisions for the boys, and I think 2nd place for two of the girls divisions. (we didn't have girls in all the age divisions) The boys I worked with on High Jump all finished well in their divisions...several 1st place, and in the oldest division we came in 1st, 2nd, and 3rd. Yeah, so I am so super proud. Not just because they won, but because they really perservered (sp?) and worked super hard for it, especially having put on an amazing play performance the week before. AND, they were good winners, so nice to all the other athletes and were sure to congratulate their comeptition on a job well done. These kids are amazing, I'm telling you. I've never met such a groupd of well-behaved, truly God-loving, friendly, sweet kids in my life. They are really teaching me a lot in the way they live out their faith in Christ.

Anyways...On a sorta sad note. I had some clothes made for me, some of the traditional dress here that I have to wear out and about...and oh, they turned out awful. They look like a terrible cross between a Mumu (sp?) and a hospital gown. Oh....its so terrible. Its bad enough that I have a terrible time picking out fabrics.

I'm also horribly sunburnt and grouchy now....so its just seems all the worse.

(sigh.)

keep the emails coming, i do check about once a week, i just haven't had the time or the patients to reply yet. the connections here are not so great and it can be quite a long ordeal. Love you you all!!

4 Comments:

  • At 4:40 PM, Blogger Rockin' it up said…

    wow! You sound like you're having an awesome time! Just write each day over there on your heart and don't forget a second of it! I can't WAIT till Dave and I can travel again! Blessings!

     
  • At 6:15 PM, Blogger Christopher Spicer said…

    I will dub your track team, Team Katy. Not the most original of names. But the name seems to be working great for morale. It has earned you some great placing in the Track & Field event. Can you really doubt the impact this name has had?

     
  • At 1:10 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    "Behind Enemy Lines"

    GOTCHA!!

    Took me a whole 5 mins to find you.

    Hello Kay Tee's world nice to meet you.

     
  • At 1:10 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    "Behind Enemy Lines"

    GOTCHA!!

    Took me a whole 5 mins to find you.

    Hello Kay Tee's world nice to meet you.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
eXTReMe Tracker