Colossians 3:17

live intentionally.

Monday, October 31, 2005

Just another blog

They say the first few sentences of your writing are supposed to be what grabs your reader and catches them; keeping their interest. At least, that’s what I learned from the movie I watched last week “Alex & Emma.” Given that I have already used up those first few sentence I will now give up on keeping your interest. However, I will say that I did have a very enjoyable weekend. Now you may continue reading what my be to you very uninteresting, or you may stop altogether.

Saturday I was finally allowed to sleep in. This does not, however, imply that I actually did. Nope, Not at all. I awoke shortly before 7 am. The whole wall beside my bed is windows, and though the curtains were closed the light was still able to come into my room. Despite putting the covers over my head I was not able to fall back asleep and finally gave up at 10 am (it was a long fight!). Even though I didn’t get the desired sleep, I still enjoyed a relaxing morning and early afternoon before I made my way over to the school to check email, eat dinner and take part in the evenings activities.

We played a movie making game. We were given two props, a product to advertise and a quote…all of which had to be used at some point in our movie. After tossing around ideas we decided to call our movie “The Ring” (remake) since one of our props was an old beat up phone. As the movie goes each scene shows someone answering the same phone and every time something horrible happens to them. It is somewhat of a horror/ comedy film because the second to last scene shows one of the guys sitting in his room playing with the phone as if it was his “mixer” making music…all the horrible things were merely coincidental, he was just accidentally calling random people. Our advertisement was “Max Multi-Purpose Soap” Which I starred in giving a demonstration on how it can be used to clean your nose. Really I just sat there blowing bubbles out my nose! Which seemed to be quite the hit among both staff and students.

After the activity ended at 10 pm I rounded up the Jr. High Girls and we headed over to Sandes for some Peanut Butter Pie (its to die for…seriously) and a sleepover. Morning came early along with a quick pancake breakfast before shuffling the girls out the door to get back to school in time to be ready for church. After lunch I took the 7th and 8th grade rock climbing which everyone seemed to enjoy, though it was a bit chilly in the shade and some complained of their hands being too cold to climb any higher….maybe it was just an excuse?

All in all, it was a good weekend, though not much of a break and definitely not enough sleep. I’m still so thankful to be in the country and working with these kids. Though, about the time I want to check my email you probably won’t find me saying such things.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
eXTReMe Tracker