Colossians 3:17

live intentionally.

Tuesday, February 15, 2005

couples day...

So, I was all ok with the whole lack of a "special friend" idea yesterday. I worked early that morning and enjoyed talking to all the girls at work who had boyfriends or husbands and just lived my romantic life vicariously through them. It made me happy to know that there were men out there yesterday doing a good job showing the beautiful women in their life how much they love and appreciate them [which should be done more than just on V-day]. There is hope for the world of romantic fairy tales still.All was good until....Molly and I watched 'shall we dance' last night with Richard Gere. The movie itself was actually not good. I think I could go so far as to say it was a complete waste of time, especially considering the fact that I can only remember one good part in the whole movie. It was towards the end when he got romantic and sweet towards his wife. It was then that I began to get depressed and saddened by my singleness. Now I realize that it has been a choice of mine to be this way right now, so I really shouldn't be complaining...but sometimes I think it would sure be nice to get something sweet and thoughtful from a guy.So, I bought myself a V-day gift. I could even be considered a gift for my future husband. It has story...sort of. When I turned 13 my Dad gave me a necklace [gold] with a heart on it "He who holds the key can unlock my heart" is inscribed on it with a little space for a key. My Dad has the key, and any future possibility must ask my Dad for it when they want to 'pop the question'. I also used to have a "true love waits" ring [also gold]....but being that I never wear gold. Aside from my brothers wedding in Pakistan....where everyone wears gold cause they are all so nicely tanned that it actually looks good on them. So, to what I was saying...I bought myself a ring [SILVER]. It says "I am by beloved and He is mine" in Hebrew. I think its romantic, and special, and it makes me feel all warm and fuzzy. It will be worn on my wedding finger until some guy some day can come up with something better to put there:o) I can't help it....i'm a helpless romantic.
my valentines Posted by Hello

2 Comments:

  • At 6:33 PM, Blogger Christopher Spicer said…

    What would the guy put there? Donut? Pop tab? Silly Putty? Oh, the interesting possibilities of what could replace your gift.

    As for the Pakistan debate, I totally know the feeling of wanting to move on and get moving with one's life. I'm feeling it which is probably why I'm already thinking to October. But we sometimes grow and learn in the most unexpected places. Who knows what God has in store for you in Pakistan. Maybe some guy who will put jam on your ring finger. Is that what you wanted?

     
  • At 5:48 AM, Blogger Rockin' it up said…

    I think that was a great idea. i bought myself a true love waits ring a couple of years ago. I wore it on the left hand until I got my engagement ring...now i transfered it to my other hand until April the 8th!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
eXTReMe Tracker