Colossians 3:17

live intentionally.

Friday, March 04, 2005

forever moving onward...

Today I get the priveledge of letting my boss know that this will be my last week at work. Good timing too, cause he hired one two new people and so there will be less hours available.

I got an email yesterday from the Secretary at Murree Christian School in Pakistan. They say 4-5 days till my visa is cleared. Finally.

[sigh.]

So much to do....so little time.

I am hoping to fly to Sri Lanka and spend time with my brother and his family there before I go to Pakistan. It costs about the same....so why not. A little tropical paradise before I head to the himalayas.I'm estimating I will leave the US around the 18th....and arrive in Pakistan sometime at the end of the month.

I have loved being here in Michigan [except for the dreary, overcast, depressing weather] and working at Starbucks and getting to know some pretty cool people. A special thanks goes out to Molly and her entire family for putting up with me these past two and half months. I will miss it here....but I'm ready to go.

Thank you all for your prayers in this very long process. Please continue to pray as a lot of things need to fall into place in the next three weeks, not to mention travel safety, and just the whole idea of leaving my family to go to a very different culture.

I'm hoping that this will be how I keep you all updated on everything while I am there. So be sure to keep checking back.

I love you all!

-k



soon to be my new home... Posted by Hello

1 Comments:

  • At 9:04 PM, Blogger Christopher Spicer said…

    Your perseverance payed off. You are finally heading off to Pakistan. I'm so happy to hear that. You will most definitely remain in my prayers on a daily basis. You will be very much missed even though it's not like I see you very often now. Now, it's a definite thing that I won't be getting any surprise Katy visits. Please know you will be in my thoughts and prayers. I'm glad that these months of waiting have given you great memories from Michigan. There is always a reason for why things happen. Enjoy Pakistan and all its adventures.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
eXTReMe Tracker